MySQL Fabric was officially introduced during Tomas his keynote at MySQL Connect 2013. MySQL Fabric will help you managing lots of MySQL server supporting both high-availability and sharding. Just like Connector/J, MySQL Connector/Python v1.1.1 Alpha has support for MySQL Fabric on MySQL Labs. Note that the MySQL Fabric as well as support for it in Connector/Python is Alpha.
When you download MySQL Connector/Python from MySQL Labs, you will also see a ZIP archive containing the MySQL Utilities documentation as PDF. You will find everything in there to get started. It’s a big document, but look for ‘Fabric’.
It’s probably a good idea to read up on MySQL Fabric from following excellent blog posts authored by the guys who made it happen:
- A Brief Introduction to MySQL Fabric
- MySQL Fabric – Sharding – Introduction
- Writing a Fault-tolerant Database Application using MySQL Fabric
Here are the usual references for MySQL Connector/Python:
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50