MySQL Connector/Python 0.1.2-devel available!
Release notes for MySQL Connector/Python 0.1.2-devel
o Fixing unicode usage for both Python 2.4+ and 3.1
* Setting 'use_unicode' at connection time is now
* conversion.py: removing regular expression for
* Adding test case for bug lp:499410
* Strings from MySQL are decoded to the given character
when use_unicode is false
* The statement is encoded just before sending it to the
MySQL server. Internally, all is done in unicode.
* In conversion.py: removing _unicode_to_mysql, adding
* MySQLCursor.__unicode__ is obsolete and replaced
* Removing tests for which the methods were deleted.
o Fix setting character set at connection
* mysql.connector.Connect(charset='latin1') now works
* Default character set is (still) UTF-8.
* SET NAMES is only used when changing character set
Use MySQL.set_charset(charsetname) to change.
* Test case added for bug report; fixing test case in
test_protocol.py to reflect the new default character
Please report problems on LaunchPad. Thanks!