MySQL with Python v3.1 now also possible using MySQL Connector/Python
The second development release of MySQL Connector/Python comes with support for Python v3.1!
I thought of making two distributions of MySQL Connector/Python, but then it would have been messy with versions and packaging. So what you get now is 2-in-1 and the installation script should be smart enough to figure it out.
Please, if you find any issues, bugs or have suggestions: report them here https://bugs.launchpad.net/myconnpy
Added Python v3.1 support
* The subdirectory/module py3k/ contains Connector/Python compatible
with Python v3.1.1.
* setup.py will install the correct Connector/Python distribution
depending on the Python version.
* Test cases which were running against Python v2.4+ are also working
under Python v3.1
* Examples found in py3k/examples should work with Python v3.1
* The code will not check whether the Python version is supported.
* Using divmod() in MySQLConverter._timedelta_to_mysql()
* Avoiding imports and the use of isinstance() by putting code in
* Stop using types module.
Installation is just like before:
shell> tar xzf mysql-connector-python-0.1.1-devel.tar.gz
shell> cd mysql-connector-python-0.1.1-devel
shell> python setup.py install