The morning of the first Thursday August 2008 AD started as usual: getting up, getting dressed, wash face and get downstairs within 5 minutes. Amazing how easily I can do that, although I had again the clock ticking against me: trying to make pictures of stuff before the sun brightens the earth to much!
I had some doubts yesterday about what to do in the next morning. At least at work I know what to expect, but on vacation I fear to get bored the next days. Maybe I should revise the way I actually do vacation.
Just like yesterday I started out early. The sun has been a problem for making pictures so I try to go when the sunlight is not so intense yet. Today it was Palacio Real getting shot.
Another accomplishment today was eating Chocolate con Churros. However, it will be a one time endeavor for me: fried stuff with chocolate is just way to much fat! I washed it all away with an Americano (black coffee) and I’m now off to La Castellana.
One of the best festivals in the world, Rock Werchter 2008 was again great! Some rain, lots of sun, a nice stench of alcohol and urine, ah, and good music!
- The National: I missed it.. I missed it.. - I’m a big fan now!
- R.E.M.: they’re lost the momentum IMHO, but their new songs sound good
- Jay-Z: I’m no fan at all of the music, but this must have been the best hop-act in years on Werchter. It was actually quite good show.
- Neil Young: first time I saw him, and it was about time.
- The Hives: good to see them live, they rock.. and what an ego he has!
- Ben Harper: again a big name
- Sigur Rós: beautiful!
- Radiohead: Ah, well.. I saw them at last.. not disappointed, but..
- Grinderman: Nick Cave harder, more explicit, louder, great! Bad seeds, bad!
- Beck: another big name I really wanted to see.
Next year again!
A perfect dinner is more about the company, but a good restaurant helps too! If you’re in Antwerpen (Belgium) you’ll have to reserve a place at ‘t Hofke (website in Dutch, but there are pictures and coordinates). The street to get to the restaurant is already worth going through.