Since version 0.3.0 is still a development release, or ‘alpha’, it is not recommended to run this in production.
MySQL Connector/Python 0.3.0 adds following features:
- Python v2.4 support is back.
- Support for compressed protocol.
- Support for SSL connections (when Python’s ssl module is available).
- Support for packets which are bigger than 16MB.
- Max allowed packetsize defaults to 1GB.
- Some performance improvements.
See the ChangeLog for extra details.
Please report bugs and comments using the bug tracker on Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/myconnpy
About MySQL Connector/Python: MySQL Connector/Python is implementing the MySQL Client/Server protocol completely in Python. No MySQL libraries are needed, and no compilation is necessary to run this Python DB API v2.0 compliant driver. It is compatible with Python v2.4 and later as well as Python v3.1 and later.
If you like to leave a comment, but don't like to use Disqus, please send an email instead. Comments by email might end up as a FAQ here under.