Finally, Connector/Python v1.1.0 is out. It’s the first of a series of alpha releases which will bring some new features. Check out the Change History if you want to keep up with what is being added and changed.
Notable changes for v1.1.0:
- Connector/Python v1.0 was known to work with Python v2.4 and 2.5. We now break compatibility with these older Python versions.
- MySQL Prepared Statements are supported using
- You can find out whether there is an ongoing transaction by checking
MySQLConnection.start_transactionwas added to make it easier to start a transaction with, for example, a different isolation level.
__version_info__are now available, making it easier to get the version of your favorit MySQL database driver.
Although Connector/Python v1.1.0 is alpha and in good shape, it’s advised not to use it in production just yet.
Some useful links:
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50
If you like to leave a comment, but don't like to use Disqus, please send an email instead. Comments by email might end up as a FAQ here under.