It has been a busy week for the Pythonic MySQL Team at Oracle: MySQL Utilities 1.3.6 and a brand new Utilities 1.4.1 Alpha has been release which includes Fabric. Yes, and of course, the one binding them all: Connector/Python v1.1.4 has been released as GA (General Available). Check out the Change History if you want to keep up with what is being added and changed.
New features found in v1.1:
- Important: Connector/Python will not work with Python v2.4 or v2.5. Yes, I consider this a feature.
- Connector/Python comes with it’s own database backend for Django v1.4 and v1.5. It supports Python v3 and also support microsecond precision when using MySQL 5.6 and later.
- MySQL Prepared Statements are now supported.
- Connection Pooling is now available baked into Connector/Python.
- Start transactions using the MySQLConnection start_transaction() method and find out whether the session has a transaction on going using the in_transaction property.
Some useful links:
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50
If you like to leave a comment, but don't like to use Disqus, please send an email instead. Comments by email might end up as a FAQ here under.