Monday 31 March 2014 proved to be a big day for MySQL with 5 announcements of products getting new releases: the next milestone release MySQL Server 5.7.4, MySQL Workbench 6.1 going GA and Connector/J 5.1.30 and MySQL Utilities 1.4.2 RC which include MySQL Fabric. That’s 4, the fifth being Connector/Python.
Here is an overview of new features and important bug fixes for Connector/Python v1.2:
- Added support for MySQL Fabric
- Support for MySQL’s Authentication Plugins: mysql_clear_password and sha256_password are now supported over an SSL connection.
- Failing over connections (note: not MySQL Fabric HA)
I am sure the a above will spark some interesting follow-up blog posts (at last, some activity, some might say!).
Some useful links:
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50
If you like to leave a comment, but don't like to use Disqus, please send an email instead. Comments by email might end up as a FAQ here under.