A few weeks ago MySQL Fabric got GA and shipped together with MySQL Utilities 1.4. Today, 2 weeks late, a tooth less and having fixed my website(s), I can blog about MySQL Connector/Python v1.2 going GA.
My previous post about the release candidate already summed up the important changes, and nothing changed since then except few bug fixes. Here are again the important new features/bugs fixed for Connector/Python v1.2:
- Added support for MySQL Fabric.
- Support for MySQL’s Authentication Plugins: mysql_clear_password and sha256_password are now supported over an SSL connection.
- Failing over connections (note: not MySQL Fabric HA)
Of course, Fabric is the biggest new thing and there have been quite a few blogs about it. Here are some links to get you going:
- MySQL Fabric, links to documentation, presentations and whitepapers.
- Mat Kindahl’s blog and MySQL Fabric: Musings on Release 1.4.3.
- Alfrânio Júnior’s blog.
- Narayanan Venkateswaran’s blog.
Some useful links:
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50
- Installing Connector/Python through PyPI
If you like to leave a comment, but don't like to use Disqus, please send an email instead. Comments by email might end up as a FAQ here under.