MySQL Connector/Python v2.0 goes GA with version 2.0.1 GA. It is available for download from the MySQL Developer Zone! The previous post about 2.0 described what changed and what was added, here’s an overview:
- Supported Python: 2.6 and 2.7 and 3.3 and 3.4
- Raw Cursors Return bytearray Objects
- LOAD LOCAL DATA INFILE On by Default
- New features
- New Cursors return dictionaries and named tuples
- Options Files Support Added
- Packaging and support files removed
- We are on GitHub!
Our manual has the full change log but here’s an overview of most important changes for this release.
- Documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html
- Release Notes: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-python/en/index.html
- Downloads: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/#downloads
- Feedback, bugs and feature requests: http://bugs.mysql.com
- Forum: http://forums.mysql.com/list.php?50
- On GitHub: https://github.com/oracle/mysql-connector-python
- v2.0.1 will be available through PyPI.